As of February 2018, Vision Research – a leading manufacturer of digital high-speed imaging systems – has introduced the Phantom®v2640. The Phantom®v2640 is the fastest 4-megapixel (MPx) camera available on the market right now, and features an all new proprietary 4-megapixel CMOS image sensor; 2048 x 1952, that is able to deliver an unprecedented image quality at up to 26 Gpx/sec while also able to shoot at up to 6,600 frames per second at full resolution. The Phantom®v2640 is also able to shoot at an incredible 11,750 fps at 1920 x 1080 resolution.
Key Specifications of the Phantom®v2640 are as follows:
- 4-Mpx sensor (2048 x 1952), 26Gpx/sec throughput
- Shoot at up to 6,600 fps at full 2048 x 1952 resolution
- Dynamic range: 64 dB
- Noise level: 7.2 e-
- ISO measurement: 16,000D (Mono), 3,200D (Color)
- 1 µs minimum exposure standard, 499ns / 142ns minimum exposure with export-controlled FAST option
- 4 available modes: Standard, HS and Binning (in Standard and HS)
- Standard modes feature Correlated Double Sampling (CDS) performed directly on the sensor to provide the lowest noise possible
- Up to 288 GB of memory
- 10-Gb Ethernet standard
- Compatible with CineMag® IV (up to 2 TB)
You can find out more about the Phantom®v2640 here.